Friday 26 March 2010

It been a long time coming

Well we have some good news, our 1st Siberian litter is due in the coming weeks. Scout has mated Zahara and I am elated to confirm that she is pregnant. For people who didn't know the story Zahara at nearly two had not had a call, I partly suspected her to be a silent caller, which she is, behaviour changes of rubbing around the chairs is all you see, she doesn't make a sound. I had discussed my concerns about her not calling with my vet and his advice was to wait till spring and if no call then she could be tested for polycystic ovaries by taking a tissue sample via key hole surgery.

Thankfully that is not required and all the other alternatives don't need to be explored as she will become a mom to her 1st litter after all. I can't wait to see what her babies are like as Scouts Bir-Sib litter were stunning so with these in mind the real McCoy will be simply stunning.

Very excited!

3 comments:

  1. Wayne, absolutely excellent news - so pleased to hear of the mating - and of the forthcoming Siberian babies. So given all that past worry - you see - she was just taking her time - and I'm looking forward to seeing her first babies.

    Best wishes,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lesley, it came as a bit of a shock as I was not at all convinced that she would become pregnant. Shame her sister is not of the same thinking nine months and kicking off in call already, and she is a June Baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your forthcoming happy event. Hope all goes well. Jackie

    ReplyDelete