Thursday 1 July 2010

With Great Sadness

Elmarlay Againstallodds, decided the fight was too great to stay with us, Kindra's little girl put in a brave battle but it all became too much, she took a nap in the sunshine and drifted away to Rainbow Bridge. I am devastated as I have willed this little lady to live from birth and she gave me eight weeks, she sadly started to falter this week with very limited weight gains and began to become noticeably smaller compared to her siblings both birth and foster, but she was eating playing and interacting with the rest of them so her loss was even more surprising.

I found her curled up in the basket as if she was a sleep very peaceful but a total shock.

Sleep forever Peacefully my little star. X

5 comments:

  1. My heartfelt sympathy Wayne. So very sorry to hear your sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear of your very sad news, It is devastating when you loose a baby and even more so when it is unexpected. I know how hard it is having been through it with my first litter, the horrible part of breeding and I dont think it ever gets easier. My thoughts are with you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wayne - so very sorry to read this. Sending you our best wishes -

    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind words it has been a very rough few weeks, sadly all of Kindra's kittens haven't made it the final kitten leaving me was Odds she fought a brave battle until that horrible day without warning she went to the angels. So eight years of breeding and my 4th generation have been taken away so I am feeling very down at the moment.

    But thank you.

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete