Saturday 8 August 2009

Show Outcomes

I took three cats out today to the Chester & North Wales Show, what a big mistake that was, I spent the day running up and down the show hall as they were not near each other and the heat in the hall was really uncomfortable for owners so god knows how it was for the cats.

SCOUT - had the best day of all he took his 2nd Merit with a good write up and was placed in a large side class 4th

DREAM - was on her own in the open but got placed 1st the boy took the BOB he was much bigger and older than her, she didn't do any good in her side classes she was unplaced. Dream is a little dumpling at the moment and lacks length in her body this is a development thing and will come with age. Although Dream was not very confident she handled well but as she is a bit of a home bird, I think she may be better leaving the show scene to one of the others as she spent most of her day hiding under her blanket.

SHARNIE - Sharnie's results were a little disappointing as Sharnie resembles her mom so much and I love the look she has but she was in a strong class of female tabby kittens and I didn't expect her to gain top marks but thought she would come somewhere in the line up. Sadly she didn't she was unplaced and speaking to her Judge afterwards I was upset by her remarks and on reflection I must be looking for something different to her in the breed. Sharnie resembles her mom Lunar considerably apart from colour, I thought I had a good eye for assessing my kittens as her Dam is almost a Grand Champion? The comments that she was "small & under developed" her Colour tone to her chocolate is cold and pale and she needs to grow would look better in a month or so!!!! Well she was one of the biggest kittens in the class she weighs in at a good weight she has a long body and substantial limbs (she is bigger than her dam at the same age when I compare weights), She does however need to develop a coat and her chocolate is very pale, but in the standard of points the colour is described as Milk Chocolate and should not resemble a seal, confused well I was. Sharnie did however achieve a 2nd in a large side class and speaking to that judge the comments didn't reflect the open judges, time will tell I am in no rush to show her again till she has grown a winter coat.

The show career goes on hold for Sharnie & Dream & with only two more Merits for Scout and then his show career will draw to a close, Then what will I show, I might just have to bring Lunar out of retirement and try for the last Grand - who knows. We might just have to stay at home it would be cheaper. What ever happens I love my cats for whoever they are and Dream & Sharnie were the results of planned out cross matings and I achieved what I wanted two beautiful girls in my eyes who have the look I want and the temperament to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment